Get Involved - International Students
Vincennes University is in the process of hiring a new Director of International Student Affairs. As such, the duties of this position are being handled by the following individuals:
- W. Anthony "Tony" Mahan is a DSO and will handle anything related to your F-1 visa, immigration status, SEVP and SEVIS. He can be reached at the Admissions Office, 20 W Indianapolis Avenue, 812.888.4319, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wade (Ze) Chen is the contact person for the International Club, orientation, campus and community integration, event coordination, etc. He can be reached at Room 184B in Vigo Hall, 812.888.4156, email@example.com.
Connect with other cultures and people from around the world!
Vincennes University currently serves as the home to 42 international students from 20 countries around the world! Your time at VU will be a great opportunity to meet people from other countries, learn about their traditions and way of life, and broaden your understanding of the world.
We offer a variety of events, programs, and services for the entire VU community:
- International New Student Orientation – The purpose of orientation is to provide new students with valuable information that will help them adjust to life in the U.S. Orientation also addresses important immigration regulations that are vital to international student success.
- Friendship-Family Program (FFP) – The International Friendship-Family Program at Vincennes University matches new international students with faculty, staff, alumni, and friends from the Vincennes Community. Not only does this program help students transition to life in the U.S., but it also provides a support network that is vital to student success. (Currentely unavailable and under reviewing)
- International Students Organization – The International Students Organization(ISO) promotes understanding, cooperation, multicultural learning, and friendship. The International Students Organization is a great place to meet people from around the world or around the corner. All are welcome!
- Tastes Around the World – Discover the world through food!
- Shopping Shuttles – Take advantage of this free service to go shopping before scheduled school holidays.
- International Culture Nights – Celebrate various holidays from around the world with free food, live music, professional performers, friends, and lots of fun!
- Indy International Festival Trip – Highlights of the festival include authentic foods from 20+ ethnic vendors; continuous ethnic music and dance; Culture Booths hosted in traditional dress; artisans demonstrating unique cultural crafts; a Naturalization Ceremony and an International Marketplace offering gifts from around the world.
- International Education Week activities – International Education Week (IEW) is a worldwide celebration to celebrates global understanding the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide
- Spring Break Trip (overnight) – What better opportunity to get away and take a break!
- State Park: Nature Hike – International students will have an opportunity to visit some of southern Indiana’s most scenic landscape by exploring the terrain at an Indiana State Park.