The Xmester Summer Residential Program is open to rising high school seniors. Housing is provided by Vincennes University and all participants are required to live on campus during the program. Xmester scholars are not allowed to venture off-campus.
VU Approved Early College High School:
- Be a rising senior enrolled in an approved VU Early College program.
- Have an acceptable high school GPA as determined by your site administrator.
- Be at least 16 years old (at start of course) or have successfully completed at least one-half of high school graduation requirements, as certified by the high school.
- Obtain recommendation from your Vincennes University Early College site administrator.
- Submit a and student code of conduct agreement with student signature, parent/guardian signature and the signature of a high school official verifying eligibility to enroll in a college-level course.
- Submit liability forms and medical release forms.
- Require residential housing
Students Not Attending an Approved VU ECHS:
- Be enrolled in a high school dual-credit course.
- Be a rising senior enrolled in an accredited in-state high school.
- Have an expressed interest in enrolling in Vincennes University post-high school graduation.
- Be at least 16 years old by June 9, 2019.
- Obtain recommendation from a high school counselor.
- Submit application, letter of interest, permission form, student code of conduct agreement, liability forms, and medical release forms with all required signatures by March 11, 2019.
- Submit payment in full by April 14, 2019 to address indicated in acceptance letter.
* In-state school districts include those in the four neighboring counties in Illinois — Crawford, Richland, Lawrence and Wabash.
High school graduates: who have graduated from high school before the start of summer classes are generally not eligible for the Xmester program. Please contact your Early College site