Next Steps After Admission
Welcome to the VU Family!
Accuplacer - Placement Exam
- The Accuplacer is required for all students who have not successfully completed college English and math courses.
- Your Accuplacer scores will determine your initial classes for your first semester at VU. To better prepare, take a practice test, which can be found on the Testing Center's page.
- The Accuplacer takes approximately an hour and a half to complete; however, this is not a timed test and you may take more or less time, as you need.
- If you require special accommodations for a disability, call VU’s Office of Disability Services at 812.888.4501 at least two weeks prior to the testing date to make arrangements.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Indiana deadline for FAFSA is April 15. Note: There is no application deadline for federal aid.
- Get started October 1 each year and apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Our school code is 001843.
- For more information on student financial services, visit the Financial Services page or call 800.742.9198.
- If you completed the scholarship questions on the admissions application, don’t forget to send in your letters of reference to the Dayson Foundation Office.
- If not, go to the Foundation - Scholarships page to fill out the application and view a complete scholarship listing. Submit the application by January 15 to meet our priority deadline and be in the running for most VU scholarships. After this date, scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis.
Apply for Housing
To Apply for Housing:
- Go to www.vinu.edu/housing (Internet Explorer is not compatible with accessing the Housing Contract)
- On the right side, click on Apply for Housing. You must have your MyVU login credentials (username and password) to access the contract. (To get MyVU login credentials, contact Management Information Center department at 812.888.4332)
Parents/Guardians - Staying Connected
- Have your parent/guardian sign up for the Parent & Family Services e-newsletter
- Parents can read more information or e-mail email@example.com.
Attend START VU - Register for Classes
- START VU is our one-day registration program that begins in April for the fall semester and in November for the spring semester.
- Sign-up information will be sent in mid-March for the fall semester and in October for the spring semester.
- Accuplacer, our placement test, will be administered on campus during the START VU program.
- College Readiness - minimum scores are required to register for classes.
- Read more about START VU
Immunization Record & Medical History/Physical Exam Form
- Send in your Immunization Record & Medical History/Physical Exam Form. You can find your immunization record on your high school transcript or at your local health department.
- According to Indiana law, immunization records are required of all students.
More Helpful Information:
Student Support Services - Ensuring Academic Success
- The Summer Bridge Program provides freshman-level students with a college orientation experience and the opportunity to get a head start on their academic goals. Learn more at my.vinu.edu/summer-bridge.
- Free tutoring is available to all students! Learn more at my.vinu.edu/labs-and-tutoring.
- Our Disability Services Office offers resources to help students overcome or compensate for obstacles related to a physical, emotional, learning, or other disability. Learn more at my.vinu.edu/disability-services.
- COPE Student Support Services (SSS) offers inclusive services to promote retention, graduation, and transfer to four-year institutions. Learn more at my.vinu.edu/cope.
- STEP - provides comprehensive services for learning challenged students in the university mainstream. For more information, visit my.vinu.edu/step.